What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is a hands-on treatment designed to work on muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints. It helps the body to do its own healing and has a sedating effect by stimulating the brain to produce endorphins.
Today’s therapeautic massage involves the manipuation of the soft tissues and muscles of the body to reduce stress and fatigue, relax the muscles and improving circulation, while improving health and well-being. There are many different styles of massage, with each bringing a unique benefit to the client.
Benefits of Massage
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation
- Helps relieve joint and muscle pain, tension and stiffness
- Eases tension on worn muscles and limbs and relaxes inflamed muscles
- Relieves pain from chronic paing and musculoskeletal injuries
- Decreases state anxiety and subclinical depression
- Aids in rehabilitation from trauma or injury
- Enhances your mood by stimulating the brain to produce endorphins
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Reduces tension headaches by relaxing stiff muscles
- Frees your mind of stressful events or difficult emotions
- Temporarily reduces blood pressure, lowers heart rate and improves circulatory flow
- Stimulates immune system by increasing peripheral blood lymphocytes (aromatherapy massage)
Our Massage Therapists
Mindful Turtle is proud to offer the services of some of the area’s leading massage therapists.
Click the link below to see all our wellness practitioners, the different massage techniques they offer and to book an appointment directly with them.