Mysore-style Ashtanga is the traditional method of learning Ashtanga Yoga, as taught by Sri K P Jois. It can be described as self-practice within a group setting, where each student moves through the sequence of poses individually. The instructor moves about the room adjusting and correcting, working one-on-one with the practitioners. New students are taught the sequence of poses from the beginning, building the duration of the practice each day by learning new postures. This style of teaching allows each student to learn at their unique pace, and to receive instruction specific to their practice.
Please remember: it is not necessary to know the sequence from memory to participate; this is the perfect way for you to learn the sequence of poses at your own pace. The only requirement is a commitment to steady, consistent practice.
Beginners are definitely welcome!
If you are new to Ashtanga yoga or the Mysore method of teaching, we suggest you come observe a class to see how it works or speak to Danielle Goldstein about it.
For more information or to register, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-721-1881.
Danielle Goldstein, MS, NCC, E-RYT-500, C-IAYT
Director of Mindful Turtle Yoga & Wellness
Danielle is the founder and owner of Mindful Turtle Yoga & Wellness. She has had a dedicated yoga practice for over eighteen years and has studied many traditions of classical yoga, particularly the Ashtanga Yoga Method, developing a respect and appreciation for yoga and its life changing possibilities. Her classes are motivating, inspiring and compassionate.
Her training includes both a 200 and 500 hour yoga teacher training from the Yoga Teacher Training Institute under the guidance of Ma Mokshapriya Shakti and Marianne Mitsinikos. She has an additional 500 hour certification in Classical Ashtanga Yoga with Beryl Bender Birch of The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute. In addition to being a faculty member of Beryl’s teacher training, she has assisted Beryl at various workshops and trainings around the country. She is forever a student and continues her study of Ashtanga Yoga locally with senior Ashtanga teacher Christine Hoar. Danielle is a compassionate teacher who teaches in a way that helps the Ashtanga Yoga Asana practice become fun and accessible to all.
Danielle is also a parent and child counselor with over twenty-three years of experience in the fields of education and counseling. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling and is a Nationally Certified Counselor. She also serves of the board of The Morgan Center, a preschool for children undergoing chemotherapy.
- $60 – two week introductory special for students new to the Mysore program
- $140/month – unlimited Mysore and yoga classes with auto-renew
- $1400/year – annual unlimited Mysore and yoga classes
- $185/month – unlimited Mysore and yoga classes without auto-renew
- $20 walk-in (for visiting students with an existing Mysore practice)
- On practice days you may arrive when convenient for you, but please arrive so you have enough time to complete your practice. Arrival by 8am for morning practice is recommended.
- Led classes begin promptly at their scheduled times; please arrive a few minutes in advance to be ready for class.
- There will be no classes or practice on Saturdays, nor on Moon Days (New Moon and Full Moon).
Please note: The Mysore program is not included as part of our multi-class yoga packages or non-mysore monthly unlimited yoga passes.